- Instructions on how to participate and redeem points form part of these Terms and Conditions. Individuals will be bound by these Terms and Conditions upon joining the Program in a JR/Duty Free store in Australia or by submitting an application online at www.jrdutyfree.com.au/vantage.
- Participation in this Program is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Program is not valid with any other discount card or voucher, i.e. Crew, Airport Staff, Gold Card, etc.
- This Program is not valid for people under the age of 18 years. Proof of age may be requested.
- This Program is conducted by James Richardson Australia Limited ("Promoter"), 35-45 Lithgow St, Abbotsford, VIC 3067.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to participate or claim. Immediate family refers to any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, civil union partner, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- All references to currency or values in these Terms and Conditions are references to Australian dollars (AU).
- The Promoter's decision in relation to all matters arising under this Program is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Applicants must provide a valid email address and opt in to receive emails (for activity statements and promotions) in order to join, and remain, in the Program.
- If a member chooses to opt out of receiving emails, he/she will be removed from the Program. In that case the member will not be eligible for any member benefits after opting out, including being ineligible to earn any further points. However, the member will be eligible to redeem the points he/she previously earned for a period of 6 months following his/her removal from the Program.
- Members will receive approximately 1 email a month, which will include their activity statement and a promotional offer/s. Members may also be sent email invitations to special events or sales previews.
Registration for new members
- Members must hold a current JR/Vantage card to claim points.
- Individuals may apply for a JR/Vantage card in any JR/Duty Free store at Perth, Brisbane, Cairns, Darwin Airports or online at www.jrdutyfree.com.au/vantage.
- JR/Vantage cards are not debit, credit or charge cards, are not transferable, and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Membership may be cancelled/refused to individuals by the Promoter at its discretion, including where a membership is deemed to be fraudulent or if an individual is linked to a fraudulent membership. In this case all points will be cancelled.
- Points may only be earned on purchases made at JR/Duty Free Stores (including our online stores and Kiosks) within Australia only.
- Points can be earned on retail sales.
- Points can be earned on JR/Duty Free stock offers e.g. 2 for $49.
- Points are awarded immediately for goods purchased at a point of sale in an airside store. Airside refers to stores located after departing passengers clear immigration, or before arriving passengers clear immigration, as the case may be.
- For hotline or internet orders, points are awarded when the goods are picked up from Collections. This can take up to 90 days from placing the order.
- In order to earn points members must: (a) present their JR/Vantage card at the point of sale for swiping or scanning prior to the completed transaction; or (b) if the transaction takes place in a way which does not allow for the presentation of a JR/Vantage card (e.g. on-line or by phone), members must provide evidence of their membership (e.g. by providing their membership number) at the time of the transaction.
- If the JR/Vantage card is not presented at the point of sale, or, in the case of transaction types identified in point 6 above, if evidence of Program membership is not provided at the time of the transaction, the Promoter is not obliged to issue points in relation to that transaction, but may do so at its discretion.
- RED members will earn five (5) points for every whole dollar they spend on goods from any JR/Duty Free store in one transaction within Australia, using their JR/Vantage card (excluding purchases on electrical goods, watches and tobacco products).
- GOLD members will earn ten (10) points for every whole dollar they spend on goods from any JR/Duty Free store in one transaction within Australia, using their JR/Vantage card (excluding purchases on electrical goods, watches and tobacco products).
- DIAMOND members will earn fifteen (15) points for every whole dollar they spend on goods from any JR/Duty Free store in one transaction within Australia, using their JR/Vantage card (excluding purchases on electrical goods, watches and tobacco products).
- Members will earn five (5) points for every whole dollar they spend on watches from any JR/Duty Free in one transaction.
- Members will earn two (2) points for every whole dollar they spend on electrical goods from any JR/Duty Free in one transaction.
- 'Electrical goods' includes cameras, video cameras, audio equipment, gaming consoles and accessories for these products, but specifically excludes Apple products.
- Points will not be rewarded for the purchase of tobacco or related products.
- Redemption of points will not attract JR/Vantage points. However, the excess sale component will attract JR/Vantage points.
- Gift vouchers or gift cards used will not attract JR/Vantage points. However, the excess sale component will attract JR/Vantage points.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the number of points members can earn per dollar spent.
- Any points earned with respect to a purchase which is subsequently returned for a refund or credit, or any cancelled transaction will become invalid and deducted from the relevant member's account. In the case of points earned with respect to a product which is subsequently exchanged for another product, the relevant member's account will be adjusted to reflect the number of points that would have accrued for the purchase of the alternative product.
- Points will be deducted if the points are deemed by the Promoter to be earned fraudulently.
- The Promoter will deduct from a member's account any points that have been credited in error.
- Points are only recognised and available after they are successfully processed to a member's account.
- Points and a member's rights under these Terms and Conditions cannot be redeemed for cash, sold, transferred or assigned except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Earn Points on almost every purchase*.
Excludes electronics, watches & tobacco
|AU $1 = 5 PTS||AU $1 = 10 PTS||AU $1 = 15 PTS|
|AU $1 = 2 PTS||AU $1 = 2 PTS||AU $1 = 2 PTS|
Excludes Apple and Samsung products
|AU $1 = 1 PTS||AU $1 = 1 PTS||AU $1 = 1 PTS|
- Subject to the restrictions below for every 10,000 points a member will be able to redeem their points to the value of twenty Australian dollars (AU $20). Members are able to redeem their points in multiples of Australian dollars (AU $20) in the one transaction.
- Points can be redeemed for a wide range of offerings in a JR/Duty Free store, excluding tobacco products.
- Points cannot be redeemed online.
- When a member first joins, any points earned or awarded may not be redeemed for 24 hours.
- For subsequent purchases, points may be redeemed the same day. Members must reach the 10,000 point threshold and then redeem in a separate transaction. This can occur on the same day, except for the first transaction for the membership.
- Unused points or credits cannot be returned.
- For full purchase refunds, points will be added back to the member's account, e.g. $20 credit discounted and the member will receive the 10,000 points added to the account.
- Partial refunds will only add the dollar amount converted to points for the specific items.
- All new members will commence as RED members, unless invited by special invitation.
- To become a GOLD member, members must spend a minimum of $1,500 on JR/Duty Free product during a 12 month period. This does not include purchases on tobacco products.
- To become a DIAMOND member, members must spend a minimum of $3,000 JR/Duty Free product during a 12 month period. This does not include purchases on tobacco products.
- Once a member reaches GOLD or DIAMOND status they will maintain that status for the life of the membership, ensuring they purchase at least once a year. This qualifies the member as a regular shopper.
Expiry, Transferring and Substituting Points
- Points do not expire provided there is purchase activity within a twelve (12) month period. This includes a purchase where points are redeemed. If there is no activity, points expire twelve (12) months after they are earned. For example, points earned on 1st July 2014 will expire on 1st July 2015 if there is no purchase activity.
Member benefit partners
- From time to time the Promoter may offer members additional benefits such as discounts or special purchase deals with third parties. If a member takes advantage of any of these offers or benefits, then this will be subject to an arrangement with the relevant third party and the Promoter will not be liable to any member whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty or otherwise, in relation to the availability or quality of goods and services from the third party to any member.
Eligibility and Verification
- If a member ceases to be eligible as a member for any reason, his/her account will be terminated and the member will not be entitled to redeem any unused points.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of members, and to disqualify any member who tampers with the Program. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Program, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any account activation requests, orders, purchase data or reward that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (e) use of a reward.
- Any cost associated with accessing the Program membership application website is the member's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Program and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors and service providers. Participation is conditional on providing this information. The member authorises the Promoter to use the personal information provided for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the member. Members should direct any request to access, update or request the correct of personal information to the Promoter's Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program at any time without giving any prior notice to members, in the case of cancellation or termination all points will be cancelled.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion at any time update these Terms and Conditions, including changing the products eligible to earn reward points or that points may be redeemed to purchase, or amending the value of points, without prior notice to members and without liability. Updated Terms and Conditions will be published on the Promoter's website.
- If the Promoter terminates the Program for any reason, all points will be cancelled on termination.
- The laws of Australia apply to these Terms and Conditions and the Program, to the exclusion of any other law. Members ubmit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- For any enquires regarding this Program please call 1300 DUTYFREE within Australia (toll free) or from outside Australia on +61 1300 388 93733.
Competitions and Promotions
- From time to time, the Promoter runs competitions and promotions open to members (in each case, a "Promotion"). The following terms apply to each Promotion unless specified otherwise and in addition to any other terms and conditions published in respect of the Promotion:
- Prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash;
- Winners agree to the use of their name, image and photograph(s), by the Promoter and/or any other company participating in the Promotion (each a "Promoter"), for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agree to make themselves reasonably available for publicity photographs. The Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph(s) and in all material incorporating the photograph(s);
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion at any time without giving any prior notice to members.
- Neither the Promoter or any other person or party associated with the Promotion shall be liable to a member for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss and including loss caused by negligence) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with either participation in the Promotion or the use of any prize offered, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law;
- Neither the Promoter, or any other person or party associated with the Promotion is responsible for errors resulting from computer hardware, software or telecommunications errors or failure, or for fraud;
- The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.